Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Where to start?

I have had a fantastic couple of weeks with many highlights. Evan and I went on a honeymoon of sorts; we drove out to the coast, visiting relatives along the way, and enjoyed a blissful week on Galiano Island, an alternate universe where no one wears a watch and you are welcome to bring your dog into the pub. I have about two months worth of foodie posts, and since we filled the car with fruit on the way back I am trying to preserve it all in the shrinking window before it goes off, so I don't have time to write just yet. In the meantime, here are a few pics of our adventures.

On Heffley Lake. We woke up to loons warbling that morning.

Garlic Scapes!
Garlic Scapes on a plate!
Sheep (and a goat with four horns..) on a ferry!
Ok I'm done with the exclamation points now.
Hera meets the ocean. Showed her prairie upbringing
by not allowing her feet to leave
the ground when she was in the water.

One of the bantam chickens that live at the B & B we were at on Galiano.
As you can see we were roughing it.
Fruit! Did you know that the Similkameen Valley has
the largest concentration of organic farms in Canada? We celebrated
this new found fact by buying a case of apricots.
Wine! I guess I'm not done exclaiming. It was a delightful trip.

0 comments: