Friday, May 8, 2009

Spring energy

I love the energy of spring, it is carrying me through right now. I need all this mania and new life energy, to make it through many career and school related obligations that come to a head this time of year. Oh, and I have to get married somewhere in there as well.

So there hasn't been too much creativity in the kitchen going on. Actually, I've made some pretty good food, but don't have time to take pictures of it! Also, I need to learn how to take proper photos. My pics remind me of the ones my grandma used to take on this long skinny camera that had a cube flash you snapped on the top. The viewfinder wasn't lined up with the lens on the other side, so there are a few dozen photos of me as a child, headless. I've got to work on the photography thing.

One AMAZING food I have recently enjoyed.. sunchokes fried in butter. I bought a pound of them at Blush Lane weeks ago and didn't think they would be any good after a few weeks in the fridge. But they were spectacular. If you have never tried this food you really need to.

This is all the photography I can handle at the moment.. self-portrait with broad bean plant. Sprouted from bean, no less! I didn't even need to get off the couch for this one..

0 comments: