Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The ultimate moon time tea


Ah, moon time. The time of headaches, body aches, and a 'can't-quite-put-my-finger-on-it' disquiet in my mind. Since reading The Red Tent I have had an appreciation for the yin and yang of this time as well, it does tend to bring emotional breakthroughs along with the weepy drama. I haven't quite made it to the stage of loving moon time, but I no longer view it as a curse.

I was first introduced to the wonders of Raspberry Leaf tea as a cure all for my aches and pains at Yasodhara Ashram, one of my favorite places on earth. I cannot believe the difference I feel, it really takes a great deal of the pain away.

I have been attempting a kind of post-holiday cleanse, inspired by Gwenyth's Goop advice and feeling not entirely myself after a month of cookies, cappuccinos and wine. And port, and muscat, and rum toddys, and Bernard Callebaut chocolates and.. anyhoo.

Cutting out caffeine, sugar and alcohol is quite the experience. Cold turkey doesn't do it for me. So to get off the coffee, I've been drinking cocoa with a tiny bit of sugar, then moved to cocoa with honey, slowly weaning myself. All this to say, today I created a bit of magic, and my body is rather pleased. Yes, chocolate is not the best choice at this time, but what can I say. It is sooo good.

Moon time tea

Organic raspberry leaf tea
1 t. organic cocoa
honey to taste

Steep the tea, mix the cocoa with a bit of water to make a paste, add it to the tea and add honey to desired sweetness.

0 comments: